Carman Fans Show Support Following Cancer Diagnosis
When legendary CCM artist Carman first took to his Facebook page to announce that he had been diagnosed with myeloma cancer, he had specific instructions for his fans:
Like Us on Facebook
"Please, do not allow this facebook site to be an ongoing blog for cancer treatment remedy's (sic)," he wrote. "That would be depressing to everyone."
And while very few have offered specific treatment suggestions, Carman's page has been flooded with comments from almost 30,000 fans sending prayers and best wishes for the embattled singer. Here are a few:
Is there anything too hard for God? NO! We are believing with you for complete healing in Jesus name! - Julia Michelle Rickards Mutton
I hope the devil realizes that you can still SLAM, with or without the cancer. - Joshua Operia
What Doctors say is incurable, God calls healed. Every sickness and disease has to bow to the name of Jesus. So I command Myeloma Cancer in Carmen's body to die in Jesus Name and the healing manifestation to flow through your body now in the name of Jesus! - Shannon Stewart
You give so much, don't be ashamed of taking time for you - especially when you need to. It will give you more time! God is GOOD! - Pam Clark
Carman has not sent any communication via social media since his last Facebook post on February 14, but concerned fans can be sure that the performer is not wasting away in self-pity.
"I want you all to know that I will continue to minister and win souls until I can't do it any longer," Carman wrote. "My life has always been about ministry. I have a call of God to touch lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what I will do until the Lord calls me home."
For more information on Carman's cancer battle, click here.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty