Carman Fans Show Support Following Cancer Diagnosis
When legendary CCM artist Carman first took to his Facebook page to announce that he had been diagnosed with myeloma cancer, he had specific instructions for his fans:
Like Us on Facebook
"Please, do not allow this facebook site to be an ongoing blog for cancer treatment remedy's (sic)," he wrote. "That would be depressing to everyone."
And while very few have offered specific treatment suggestions, Carman's page has been flooded with comments from almost 30,000 fans sending prayers and best wishes for the embattled singer. Here are a few:
Is there anything too hard for God? NO! We are believing with you for complete healing in Jesus name! - Julia Michelle Rickards Mutton
I hope the devil realizes that you can still SLAM, with or without the cancer. - Joshua Operia
What Doctors say is incurable, God calls healed. Every sickness and disease has to bow to the name of Jesus. So I command Myeloma Cancer in Carmen's body to die in Jesus Name and the healing manifestation to flow through your body now in the name of Jesus! - Shannon Stewart
You give so much, don't be ashamed of taking time for you - especially when you need to. It will give you more time! God is GOOD! - Pam Clark
Carman has not sent any communication via social media since his last Facebook post on February 14, but concerned fans can be sure that the performer is not wasting away in self-pity.
"I want you all to know that I will continue to minister and win souls until I can't do it any longer," Carman wrote. "My life has always been about ministry. I have a call of God to touch lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what I will do until the Lord calls me home."
For more information on Carman's cancer battle, click here.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty