Bruno Mars' Super Bowl 2014 Performance Includes 'Billionaire,' 'Treasure,' and 'Just the Way You Are' and a Collaboration with The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bruno Mars made his much anticipated performance at the Super Bowl halftime event last night at Metlife Stadium. Mars performed many of his hit songs along with his band, The Hooligans, including "Billionaire," "Treasure," "Runaway Baby," and "Locked Out of Heaven."
Mars kicked off the halftime show by wowing the audience in New Jersey with his mastery of the drums.
When the 28-year-old vocalist performed "Runaway Baby," he channeled his best Michael Jackson and James Brown impressions as he danced the night away during his Super Bowl intermission musical performance.
Like Us on Facebook
Then he performed with legendary rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mars sang the group's classic hit, "Give It Away," along with the band, including lead singer and lyricist Anthony Kiedis and bass guitarist Flea.
Mars ended his Super Bowl performance by singing one of his signature songs, "Just the Way You Are," after the LA rock band exited the stage.
Mars has sold more than 115 million singles internationally. He joined a select few superstar musicians who have formerly performed on the stage at the Super Bowl halftime spectacle. Other performers in recent years have included Beyonce and her special reunion with Destiny's Child last year, Madonna, Paul McCartney, U2, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Prince, Justin Timberlake with Janet Jackson, and The Rolling Stones to name a few.
The Seattle Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos by the final score of 43-8 at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty