Bruno Mars' Super Bowl 2014 Performance Includes 'Billionaire,' 'Treasure,' and 'Just the Way You Are' and a Collaboration with The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bruno Mars made his much anticipated performance at the Super Bowl halftime event last night at Metlife Stadium. Mars performed many of his hit songs along with his band, The Hooligans, including "Billionaire," "Treasure," "Runaway Baby," and "Locked Out of Heaven."
Mars kicked off the halftime show by wowing the audience in New Jersey with his mastery of the drums.
When the 28-year-old vocalist performed "Runaway Baby," he channeled his best Michael Jackson and James Brown impressions as he danced the night away during his Super Bowl intermission musical performance.
Like Us on Facebook
Then he performed with legendary rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mars sang the group's classic hit, "Give It Away," along with the band, including lead singer and lyricist Anthony Kiedis and bass guitarist Flea.
Mars ended his Super Bowl performance by singing one of his signature songs, "Just the Way You Are," after the LA rock band exited the stage.
Mars has sold more than 115 million singles internationally. He joined a select few superstar musicians who have formerly performed on the stage at the Super Bowl halftime spectacle. Other performers in recent years have included Beyonce and her special reunion with Destiny's Child last year, Madonna, Paul McCartney, U2, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Prince, Justin Timberlake with Janet Jackson, and The Rolling Stones to name a few.
The Seattle Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos by the final score of 43-8 at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey.
- Controversial 'Persecuted' Movie Can Help Remind Us to 'Protect Our Constitutional Rights' Says Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Challenged by Faith Based Movie 'Old Fashioned'; Releases the Same Day and Provides a Godly Alternative (VIDEO)
The creators of the upcoming faith based film Old Fashioned, have announced that they've scheduled to release the new "chivalry is not dead" love film on the same weekend Universal debuts, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: 'Shout to the Lord' Singer Leads Worship for First Time Since Finishing Treatments, Says 'I Have No Words' (VIDEO)
In a recent blog post, beloved psalmist Darlene Zschech described her first time back to leading worship, and what it has been like to be finished with radiation and vicious cancer treatments.
Is There Redemption for Fallen Ministers? Deitrick Haddon, Ted Haggard, and More Continue in Ministry After Falling From Grace (VIDEO)
Although Christianity is arguably based on restitution, forgiveness, and starting over, sometimes believers are devastated when ministers fall into sin and are found guilty. Below is a list of pastors who admitted their wrong doings, lost their ministries for a time, and have found restoration in ministry.
Kingdom Bound Mega Festival Featuring TobyMac, Andy Mineo, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and More Takes Over NY for 4 Days (VIDEO)
Kingdom Bound ministries is presenting a four day family event that includes over 50 artists in concert, 25 speakers, 60 seminars, and an entire amusement and water park for a few full days of hands on ministry opportunities for Christian music lovers in New York.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too