Bruno Mars' Super Bowl 2014 Performance Includes 'Billionaire,' 'Treasure,' and 'Just the Way You Are' and a Collaboration with The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bruno Mars made his much anticipated performance at the Super Bowl halftime event last night at Metlife Stadium. Mars performed many of his hit songs along with his band, The Hooligans, including "Billionaire," "Treasure," "Runaway Baby," and "Locked Out of Heaven."
Mars kicked off the halftime show by wowing the audience in New Jersey with his mastery of the drums.
When the 28-year-old vocalist performed "Runaway Baby," he channeled his best Michael Jackson and James Brown impressions as he danced the night away during his Super Bowl intermission musical performance.
Like Us on Facebook
Then he performed with legendary rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mars sang the group's classic hit, "Give It Away," along with the band, including lead singer and lyricist Anthony Kiedis and bass guitarist Flea.
Mars ended his Super Bowl performance by singing one of his signature songs, "Just the Way You Are," after the LA rock band exited the stage.
Mars has sold more than 115 million singles internationally. He joined a select few superstar musicians who have formerly performed on the stage at the Super Bowl halftime spectacle. Other performers in recent years have included Beyonce and her special reunion with Destiny's Child last year, Madonna, Paul McCartney, U2, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Prince, Justin Timberlake with Janet Jackson, and The Rolling Stones to name a few.
The Seattle Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos by the final score of 43-8 at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey.
- 'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'Crowded' Singer Jeannie Ortega Looks to God's 'Perfect Love' to Spread New Message of Hope and Peace (INTERVIEW)
Singer-songwriter Jeannie Ortega is currently working on a new Christian album in Nashville. The 27 year-old Brooklyn native started her career at the young age of 16, signing on with Hollywood Records. Her single "Crowded" was in the top 25 Billboard Top 100 and her album No Place like Brooklyn debuted at No. 1. Her pop career would expand into acting on the drama "One Life to Live," teen dance film "Step Up," and her first major role in an independent film, "Indelible."
Michael W. Smith's 'Sovereign' Bridges the Gap with Next-Gen Worship Leaders While Sticking to Contemporary Roots (ALBUM REVIEW)
In May, CCM icon, Michael W. Smith will be finally releasing a new studio worship album, his first since 2008. Sovereign is a new creative endeavor for the three time Grammy winner whose previous worship projects have sold over 3.5 million.
Christian evangelist Ray Comfort released the 30-minute "Noah-And the Last Days," on March 28-the same day that Hollywood's controversial "Noah" movie. The film used the counter the Hollywood film reached 1 million YouTube views in 23 days, and won a Telly Award this week and is being aired on 14 major TV networks.
The former mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, believes everything he has done for New York and this country has earned him a place in Heaven. Associate Pastor of a 14,000-member church in Brooklyn N.Y. retaliated and told Bloomberg to keep his theology to himself.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty