Bible Heroes Noah, Moses, King David & Jesus All Scheduled to Hit Big Screen as Christianity Takes Over Hollywood in 2014
Biblical movies are taking over the Big Screen in Hollywood for 2014 with a stream of movies featuring the Bible's most prominent characters set to be released over the coming 12 months.
Throughout the years moviegoers have seen films based on Biblical themes do exceedingly well at the box office. Some of the most successful Bible-themed films of all time include "The Ten Commandments" starring Charlton Heston, as well as Mel Gibson's box office shattering "Passion of the Christ". Other Christian-themed films to have come out in recent years include DreamWorks animated film "The Prince of Egypt", as well as "The Nativity Story", which was a New Line Cinema film.
Like Us on Facebook
However, it appears as though the year 2014 could be the biggest yet for Bible-based movies, as a cluster of Christian films are destined to make blockbuster history over the coming year.
"Noah", starring Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, Emma Watson, and Jennifer Connelly is on horizon for release in 2014. The film is based on the story of Noah's Ark. Noah receives visions of an apocalyptic downpour and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood judgment. Directed by Darren Aronofsky and written by Aronofsky and Ari Handel, this star-studded film is sure to be a massive hit and is set to be released in theaters on March 28, 2014.
"Exodus" will be another major biblical-based movie coming out in 2014. This will be another retelling of the story of Moses, and with the project being led by acclaimed director Ridley Scott this is sure to be another big blockbuster. According to moviepilot.com it is said to focus on aspects of Moses life that have not yet been brought to the cinema. The movie will particularly focus on Moses' relationship with Ramses, and the pharaoh. It is further rumored to be more in the vein of 300 than The Ten Commandments. The film stars big name actors Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, Aaron Paul, Ben Kingsley, and Sigourney Weaver, and is scheduled to be released December 12, 2014.
Another sure-fire hit will be "Son of God," which will be roughly based on Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's 10-hour miniseries The Bible. This will hit theaters February 28, 2014. This major movie event brings the story of the life of Jesus from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection to audiences of all kinds. It is starring Diogo Morgado, Roma Downey among other stars.
Another lesser-known about film that has managed to stay under the radar but will be released in 2014 is "Day of War." A multi-million dollar production telling the epic battle of King David. The film is based on the book series "Lion of War" by author Cliff Graham. No official release date has been announced yet but Breathecast had the exclusive heads up on the film. The cinematic action movie is based upon the biblical characters of King David and his elite warriors known as the Mighty Men. This is a live action, in your face, gritty, major motion picture. David and Goliath, one of the most well-known stories in all of history will be presented to the big screen like never before, according to those behind the film.
- '100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
- John Mark McMillan Releases 'Borderland' Album, Shares Thoughts on 'Christian Artist' Label, 'If the Term Helps People Find a Shelf to Place the CD, That's Cool' (INTERVIEW)
- Rapping Dad Derek Clark: From Tragedy to Triumph; An Abused Foster Child has Paul-like Transformation, 'I Went From Feeling Abandoned by God to Feeling Embraced by God'
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
'100 Huntley Street' Brings Faith-Based Entertainment to Mainstream Media with Actress April Hernandez and Author Eric Metaxas (INTERVIEW)
New York Times' Bestselling author Eric Metaxas and Feisty Latina Hollywood Actress April Hernandez have teamed up to bring a new faith based talk show into mainstream television with 100 Huntley Street. Host, Hernandez, chatted with Breathecast about her experience on the show, her witty co-host, and much more.
Tim Tebow News: Ex-NFL QB Continues to Inspire with His Devotion to God, 'Give Thanks to the GOD of Heaven. His Love Endures Forever'
Tim Tebow has created many memorable moments of inspiration on-and-off the field during his brief NFL career thus far, but he is mostly known for his unwavering faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ no matter the situation.
Muslim Officials Call for 'Noah' Movie Ban for Islamic Violations: 'Actors Cannot Imitate Behavior, Appearances of Prophets' (VIDEO)
A top Islamic institute in Egypt has called for a ban on the upcoming Bible movie "Noah." Islamic representatives argue that "depicting Allah's prophets in art is a crime; not art," and the origination states that the provocation of people, violates Islamic law.
Breathecast is looking at the top Christian radio charting songs for March 2014, and we have highlighted our picks for the top 4.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty