Bible Heroes Noah, Moses, King David & Jesus All Scheduled to Hit Big Screen as Christianity Takes Over Hollywood in 2014
Biblical movies are taking over the Big Screen in Hollywood for 2014 with a stream of movies featuring the Bible's most prominent characters set to be released over the coming 12 months.
Throughout the years moviegoers have seen films based on Biblical themes do exceedingly well at the box office. Some of the most successful Bible-themed films of all time include "The Ten Commandments" starring Charlton Heston, as well as Mel Gibson's box office shattering "Passion of the Christ". Other Christian-themed films to have come out in recent years include DreamWorks animated film "The Prince of Egypt", as well as "The Nativity Story", which was a New Line Cinema film.
Like Us on Facebook
However, it appears as though the year 2014 could be the biggest yet for Bible-based movies, as a cluster of Christian films are destined to make blockbuster history over the coming year.
"Noah", starring Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, Emma Watson, and Jennifer Connelly is on horizon for release in 2014. The film is based on the story of Noah's Ark. Noah receives visions of an apocalyptic downpour and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood judgment. Directed by Darren Aronofsky and written by Aronofsky and Ari Handel, this star-studded film is sure to be a massive hit and is set to be released in theaters on March 28, 2014.
"Exodus" will be another major biblical-based movie coming out in 2014. This will be another retelling of the story of Moses, and with the project being led by acclaimed director Ridley Scott this is sure to be another big blockbuster. According to moviepilot.com it is said to focus on aspects of Moses life that have not yet been brought to the cinema. The movie will particularly focus on Moses' relationship with Ramses, and the pharaoh. It is further rumored to be more in the vein of 300 than The Ten Commandments. The film stars big name actors Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, Aaron Paul, Ben Kingsley, and Sigourney Weaver, and is scheduled to be released December 12, 2014.
Another sure-fire hit will be "Son of God," which will be roughly based on Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's 10-hour miniseries The Bible. This will hit theaters February 28, 2014. This major movie event brings the story of the life of Jesus from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection to audiences of all kinds. It is starring Diogo Morgado, Roma Downey among other stars.
Another lesser-known about film that has managed to stay under the radar but will be released in 2014 is "Day of War." A multi-million dollar production telling the epic battle of King David. The film is based on the book series "Lion of War" by author Cliff Graham. No official release date has been announced yet but Breathecast had the exclusive heads up on the film. The cinematic action movie is based upon the biblical characters of King David and his elite warriors known as the Mighty Men. This is a live action, in your face, gritty, major motion picture. David and Goliath, one of the most well-known stories in all of history will be presented to the big screen like never before, according to those behind the film.
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Come Through Hardship; Singer Talks of Balancing a Toddler, Disabled Husband, Music Career, and Pregnancy with Twins (INTERVIEW)
- 'The Voice' Contestant Worshipper Anthony Evans Releases New Album 'Real Life/Real Worship' For a Broader Audience
- MercyMe's 'Welcome to the New' Album Review: Band Ditches Legalistic Christianity for God's 'Free' Gift of Grace
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Heaven is 'A Lot Like Earth...The Perfect Earth,' Testifies Colton Burpo of 'Heaven is For Real' Movie (BURPO FAMILY INTERVIEW)
The Breathecast studio had a face to face with the Burpo family (Todd, Colton, and Sonja) about Colton's experience of heaven when he had a near death experience as a young boy.
Popular 2000s Christian boy band Plus One, surprised their loyal fans this week by announcing their return on various social media outlets, with an updated website and new music, and supporters quickly responded with post sharing their excitement.
Darlene Zschech Cancer Update: ‘To Be Honest, I Am a Little Nervous... I Know Now What to Expect,' Singer Says Before Treatment
Former Hillsong worshipper Darlene Zschech shares her latest update on her rough Cancer journey as she entered treatment number five today of Chemotherapy.
Former President Jimmy Carter discusses multiple topics in a recent interview, including Jesus Christ as a leader for equality for woman.
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Top 10 Inspirational People on Twitter Includes: Joyce Meyer, Max Lucado, Tyler Perry, and More
- This is What Happens When a Little Girl Uses Marijuana (VIDEO)
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too
- BreatheCast Throwback Thursday: DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' Changes Christian Music Forever with Most 'Overtly Christian Act' of All Time (VIDEO)
- Lizzie Velasquez Once Called 'The World's Ugliest Woman' Knows God Sees Her True Beauty