Atheist Billboard War with Christian Evangelicals continue: 'There Is No Afterlife' New Sign Says
The Billboard war continues between atheist and evangelical Christians as two churches in Wisconsin have sponsored a billboard that serves as a counter to an Atheist billboard that was posted at that exact site last month.
At the start of Christmas 2012 Atheist and Evangelicals began a public scuffle in the heart of Time Square on where the two sides stood on the holiday.
Atheists have made it a part of their outreach to post Billboards through the country discounting the validity of God, especially for those who believe in Christ.
Like Us on Facebook
In Nov. 2013 a sign that read "Enjoy Life Now, There Is No Afterlife," which featured a stained-glass pattern around its edges to attract religious attention stood boldly on a highway in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Wayne Hensler, a lifetime member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, sponsored the billboard for one month. He hoped to "inspire" other members of the foundation to put up similar messages where they live on behalf of FFRF.
"One of the greatest disservices of religion is that it misdirects human energies from this world - our only life - to some unprovable, highly improbable imaginary afterlife," said Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of FFRF, in a statement.
"We should enjoy life now, but also realize that the only afterlife that ought to concern us is leaving our descendants a secure and pleasant future," she continued.
In an attempt to counter the billboard claims endorsed by the Atheist group, two churches in Wisconsin have funded a billboard at the same site. "Life is short. Eternity is not. - God" the billboard now reads.
The new presentation is the joint effort of Bethel Baptist Church and New Life Assembly of God in Janesville.
"We wanted to make sure that our sign immediately covered that sign so there would be no fill in, We wanted that previous sign to be in people's minds when they saw ours replace it," Pastor Michael Jackson of New Life Church told the Christian Post this week.
Both churches posted a photo of the billboard to their Facebook pages, and they received support from their followers.
"I was just telling my sister about that 'other' billboard and how upset it made me!" one member of New Life Assembly wrote. "Thank you for getting the truth up there for all to see."
"Thank you for something positive. My daughter even commented on how sad that other billboard was," another stated. "Praying for the people of that organization."
At the rate these billboard wars are going there is no telling if it will ever end. Both sides passionately believe that they are right and are fighting for their position. In the end "only the truth shall set you free."
- Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Weigh in on New Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NYC Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Speaks Out on Katy Perry Lawsuit; 'It's My Guy Flame's Song...that Statement About the Witchcraft...I Don't Stand Behind That' (VIDEO)
Lecrae addressed the lawsuit against Katy Perry in a recent MTV interview in which the rapper revealed he does not stand behind Christian rapper Flame's statements.
'Orange Is The New Black' Cast Members Weigh in on New Controversial Political Thriller 'Persecuted' at NY Premiere (VIDEO INTERVIEW)
BreatheCast attended the New York premiere of the film 'Persecuted' over the weekend and spoke with actresses Tanya Wright and Laura Gomez from 'Orange is the New Black'.
Chonda Pierce's Husband Remembered as 'Devoted and Loving'; GoFundMe Account Started for Family Raises Over $50K for Expenses (WAKE SCHEDULE)
Christian comedian Chonda Pierce lost her husband David this week after he suffered a hemorrhage brought upon by a heart attack and a major stroke. She is now asking people to stand by her in celebrating her husband's life.
Comedian Brad Stine Says 'Persecuted' Movie Coming Under Heat is 'Tyranny' and a Violation of America's 'First Amendment Rights' (VIDEO)
BreatheCast caught up with comedian/actor Brad Stine on the red carpet of the New York premier of 'Persecuted,' where he passionately declared that the media demeaning Christian or religious based stories is a violation of America's First Amendment rights.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too