Atheist Billboard War with Christian Evangelicals continue: 'There Is No Afterlife' New Sign Says
The Billboard war continues between atheist and evangelical Christians as two churches in Wisconsin have sponsored a billboard that serves as a counter to an Atheist billboard that was posted at that exact site last month.
At the start of Christmas 2012 Atheist and Evangelicals began a public scuffle in the heart of Time Square on where the two sides stood on the holiday.
Atheists have made it a part of their outreach to post Billboards through the country discounting the validity of God, especially for those who believe in Christ.
Like Us on Facebook
In Nov. 2013 a sign that read "Enjoy Life Now, There Is No Afterlife," which featured a stained-glass pattern around its edges to attract religious attention stood boldly on a highway in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Wayne Hensler, a lifetime member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, sponsored the billboard for one month. He hoped to "inspire" other members of the foundation to put up similar messages where they live on behalf of FFRF.
"One of the greatest disservices of religion is that it misdirects human energies from this world - our only life - to some unprovable, highly improbable imaginary afterlife," said Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of FFRF, in a statement.
"We should enjoy life now, but also realize that the only afterlife that ought to concern us is leaving our descendants a secure and pleasant future," she continued.
In an attempt to counter the billboard claims endorsed by the Atheist group, two churches in Wisconsin have funded a billboard at the same site. "Life is short. Eternity is not. - God" the billboard now reads.
The new presentation is the joint effort of Bethel Baptist Church and New Life Assembly of God in Janesville.
"We wanted to make sure that our sign immediately covered that sign so there would be no fill in, We wanted that previous sign to be in people's minds when they saw ours replace it," Pastor Michael Jackson of New Life Church told the Christian Post this week.
Both churches posted a photo of the billboard to their Facebook pages, and they received support from their followers.
"I was just telling my sister about that 'other' billboard and how upset it made me!" one member of New Life Assembly wrote. "Thank you for getting the truth up there for all to see."
"Thank you for something positive. My daughter even commented on how sad that other billboard was," another stated. "Praying for the people of that organization."
At the rate these billboard wars are going there is no telling if it will ever end. Both sides passionately believe that they are right and are fighting for their position. In the end "only the truth shall set you free."
- Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
- Fox Host Gretchen Carlson Says 'Persecuted' Movie Will Serve As a 'Wake Up Call' For America (INTERVIEW)
- 'Believe Me' Movie Set to Ruffle Some Feathers While Bringing Home a Message That is 'Honest' and About the 'Power of Platforms' (INTERVIEW)
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK
More in BC
Lecrae Discusses 'Anomaly' Album and Dealing with Groupies on 'Sway in the Morning'; 'You're More Valuable Than All That' (VIDEOS)
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae appeared on the "Sway in the Morning" show to talk about his upcoming album Anomaly and share his thoughts on rap music, Christianity, and how he feels about groupies.
Country Star Reba McEntire Calls the World to ‘Pray For Peace’ with New Song She Says Was ‘Sent From God’ (VIDEO)
People and celebrities everywhere joined Reba McEntire as she released her newest song “Pray For Peace” calling the world to prayer during difficult times of war and division.
Manafest Interview: From Quitting $70K Job to Almost Going Broke from Music; God's Plan Keeps His Chosen in 'The Moment' (VIDEO)
Christian rap/rock artist Manafest has been making inspirational and powerful music for the last ten years. His latest album The Moment will be releasing on August 5, and if one thing is for certain, Manafest has not had a "Moment" to slow down as he has consistently released albums, instrumentals, and now a book and audio book.
Candace Cameron Bure Addresses Hiding Cyber Bullies; Inspired By 'Three Immodestly Dressed Women Walk Into a Church' (VIDEO)
Candace Cameron Bure's resurface in the mainstream media has allowed the former "Full House" actress to openly share her faith, but due to her stance on modesty and her particular dress code has also made her a target. The actress addresses her critics in her latest blog post.
- 5 Hip-Hop Artists Every Christian Music Fan Should Know - TobyMac, Lecrae, and More
- 5 Christian Screamo/Metalcore Influential Bands – UnderOath, Emery, and More (VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Who Waited Until Marriage; These Stars Were Not Afraid to Stick to Their Beliefs
- Breathecast's Top 7 Christian Rock Albums of 2013 - Skillet, Stryper, and More
- 4 Mainstream R&B Stars With A Passion For Singing Gospel Music (VIDEOS)
- 'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Confesses He Traded Pop Success For God, 'Why Am I Doing This? To Make a Name...? To Make Some Money?' (VIDEO)
- DC Talk Reunion 'Jesus Freak 20 Years Later Tour' Confirmed by Michael Tait? TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline, and Newsboys on the Dream Tour Bill Too